When it comes to the excitement and anticipation of building your new home, countless ideas may be running through your mind. The perfect placement of each window, wall, and door. Paint colors and textures, the perfect flooring choices, exterior and interior materials, and those specific details that make your newly built home one of a kind and truly yours.
With those common ideas going into your blueprints with the most ideal options for layouts and measurements being discussed with your contractor, what about including some creative electrical options as well?
In a modern home, electrical options are more than just placement of outlets, circuit breakers, GFI’s and wiring choices. There are countless creative electrical ideas to add functionality, convenience and even energy savings to the plans for your newly built home.
Some of the following ideas are great for a discussion with your electrical contractor when you’re ready to brainstorm the finer details of your home:
- Solar panels
- Halogen bulbs
- Extremely Long Life Batteries
- Pre-wiring an indoor outdoor home theater
- Built in Wifi
- Security System (cameras, alarm, smartphone controlled security)
- Remote access to your doors, lights, thermostat and garage
- Heated tiles
- Electric fireplaces
- High efficiency washers and dryers, hot water heaters, refrigerators and dishwashers
- Bedside light switches
- Towel Warmers
- Alarm systems for fire, smoke and carbon monoxide
- Speakers behind the walls before the drywall or built into the ceiling
- Tankless water heater
John's Electric is here to discuss all of these electrical ideas and more. Contact us today!