For that special someone in our lives, Valentine’s Day often goes beyond just a simple card. It’s the day to celebrate the love between the two of you and no matter how much time has been invested into that love, you might be surprised to learn that a lot of our significant others are expecting more than just a last minute thought.
With you and your sweetheart in mind, we’ve come up with the following awesome lighting ideas to create a perfect Valentine’s Day ambiance and really impress the love of your life:
- Decorate your chandelier - consider changing out the bulbs in the chandelier over your special home made Valentine’s Day dinner, to warm glows like amber, rose, or red colors. Add some strategically placed rose buds for an extra boost of love. Combined with a beautifully decorated table and some candle light, this simple idea can make someone feel very special.
- Add colorful LED lighting - whether indoors around a well thought out Valentine’s Day Dinner or outdoors under the romantic stars, warm, glowing LED lighting adds a soft, comfortable and warm feeling to your Valentine’s Day evening.
- Valentine’s Day String Lighting - sold mainly at a party or event store, Valentine’s Day String lighting comes in the shape of various colored hearts, flowers, and other Valentine’s Day themed shapes. Drape these lovely lights over a countertop, stairway railing or even the front door to surprise your special someone coming home.
- Add Lighting behind a wall hanging of “Love” - very popular right now, canvas prints or paintings of the word “love” are showing up in just about any home goods store you walk into, what better way to add a special “sign” of love than by literally making a lit sign? Simply string some lights around the edge of the frame or put it behind the print for a “love-ly” glow.
- Turn down the lights - what better “excuse” for a new dimmer switch than a very special Valentine’s Day evening? Have a professional from John’s Electric come install these or any of your other lighting and help you hide it from sight in time for the big reveal!