There are many older homes in Birmingham and the surrounding areas. Unfortunately many of these charming houses still have very old fuse boxes that are ticking time bombs ready to go off. These photos are from a recent call to a rental home where a fire broke out and caused quite a bit of damage.
The fire was caused by a very old fuse box. The renter replaced a blown out fuse himself and unfortunately installed one that was too large, resulting in a small fire.
Don't take chances. If you have an old fuse box in your home, please contact Birmingham’s most trusted electrician, John’s Electric Service, for a complete inspection and estimate.