A year after a life-altering worldwide pandemic, most people are surprised to know there is a housing boom. More people are buying and building their perfect dream home. With time to reflect on how they could build a house differently, people are jumping at the chance to get it right this time.
When it comes to the excitement and anticipation of building your new home, countless ideas may be running through your mind. The perfect placement of each window, wall, and door. Paint colors and textures, the perfect flooring choices, exterior, and interior materials, and those specific details that make your newly built home one of a kind and truly yours.
A new build is a clean slate to decide where to put outlets and what kind of state-of-the-art technology could be built right into the walls. With each family member desiring their own space, each room has different needs to help it fuction better.
In a modern home, electrical options are more than just the placement of outlets, circuit breakers, GFI's, and wiring choices. There are countless creative electrical ideas to add functionality, convenience, and even energy savings to your newly built home plans.
Some of the following ideas are great for a discussion with your electrical contractor when you're ready to brainstorm the finer details of your home:
- Solar panels
- Halogen bulbs
- Extremely Long Life Batteries
- Pre-wiring an indoor-outdoor home theater
- Built-in Wifi
- Security System (cameras, alarm, smartphone-controlled security)
- Remote access to your doors, lights, thermostat, and garage
- Heated tiles
- Electric fireplaces
- High-efficiency washers and dryers, hot water heaters, refrigerators, and dishwashers
- Bedside light switches
- Towel Warmers
- Alarm systems for fire, smoke, and carbon monoxide
- Speakers behind the walls before the drywall or built into the ceiling
- Tankless water heater
John's Electric is here to discuss all of these electrical ideas and more. Contact us today!