With an ever-increasing number of electronic devices in homes today, it is more vital now than it has ever been to teach children the importance of safety when it comes to electricity.
No matter how old the child is, the necessity for them to understand the life or death seriousness of the danger or electricity cannot be overstated.
Something as seemingly simple as reminding children never to put objects or fingers into light sockets or outlets can prevent serious injury and save their life. Showing them how to recognize bare wires that have been chewed or damaged can prevent them from possible electrocution and sparking electrical fires.
A lesson in water safety when it comes to electricity is also very important, and children should be taught very early that using electronic equipment or appliances near bathtubs, sinks or other water sources is very dangerous and not allowed.
Children should also learn that it is not okay to pull an electrical plug out by removing the cord.
Children are naturally curious and inquisitive about things we may not even notice. Prevent accidents and tragedy by discussing electrical safety early and often. Contact John's Electric for tips on how to have these critical conversations or for additional safety tips for your home.